Win Coat Corporation
Win Coat Corporation (WCC) was established in 2014. It is a leading company that provides advanced biomedical products in the world. On the current project, we developed a precise and advanced platform called WINMAPTM that could produce customized Microarray Patches (MAP) for our clients with high quality consistently.
A novel, effective and painless transdermal drug delivery system (TDDS) would be a blessing to all the patients in the world, microneedle patch (MNP) has the great potential to meet that goal; WCC is committed to be a leader on making MNP.
Currently, MNP can be applied in four areas, i.e. cosmetic applications, drugs, vaccines and monitoring systems. WCC has been engaged and developed specific products in these four areas.
About Our Founder and Chairman
Dr. Ta-Jo Liu (劉大佼), the founder of WCC, is an exceptional individual with extensive professional and academic experience in the field of coatings. He has held notable positions such as a senior research scientist at Kodak (USA) Co. and as a professor and chairman of the Chemical Engineering Department at National Tsing Hua University. In 1998, he established the Formosa Advanced Coating Co., Inc., solidifying his reputation as a leading coating expert in Asia. Dr. Liu’s contributions have been internationally recognized, including his role as the vice president of the International Society of Coating Science and Technology (ISCST) for two terms and his prestigious achievement of the John Tallmadge Award in 2008.
- Increased capital by NTD 210.88 million.
- Completed animal study for vaccine microneedle patches.
- Participated in the Ministry of Economic Affairs' T-Beauty humid and hot climate industry chain project.
- Signed an exclusive distributor contract with a Japanese cosmetics manufacturer in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Signed a contract for the development of vaccine microneedle patches with a listed vaccine company.
- Completed the development of three self-developed cosmetics products.
- Completed clinical trials for three cosmetics products.
- Obtained invention patents in the United States, Europe, and other countries.
- In January 2021, applied for European Patent No. EP19209380.5 "Base Composition For Microneedle Patch And Microneedle Patch Comprising The Same."
- In April 2021, obtained Japanese Patent No. 6868913 "マイクロニードルパッチ用のベース組成物及びこのベース組成物を含むマイクロニードルパッチ"
- In May 2021, WCC was selected to join the Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO).
- WCC increased capital by NTD 128.8 million.
- WCC obtained cosmetics GMP and ISO22716 certification.
- WCC completed the SBIR enterovirus vaccine microneedle patch development project.
- First ODM product launched.
- In January, WCC was the only Taiwanese company invited to participate in the PATH Microneedle Patch International Conference held by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation in Germany.
- In October, WCC obtained US Patent No. US10793701B1 "Base Composition For Microneedle Patch And Microneedle Patch Comprising The Same."
- In December, WCC successfully completed the turn-key project for mass production of microarray patches with a listed pharmaceutical company.
- In April, WCC was invited to participate in the startup company matchmaking event Morning Pitch.
- In April, successfully developed cosmetics anti-wrinkle eye mask patches.
- In April, WCC selected as one of the four featured companies on the Gretai Securities Market's startup board, published in the Commercial Times on April 24.
- In May, WCC selected as a biotechnology and medical company in the Ministry of Science and Technology's TTA Prototype Program Asia Silicon Valley Innovation Entrepreneurship Linkage Project.
- In January, WCC moved into the Hsinchu Science Park.
- In May, WCC received the Hsinchu Science Park's "Cross-industry Integration Biomedical Leap Project" to develop insulin-containing microneedle patches.
- In June, WCC received grants from the Ministry of Science and Technology to jointly execute the project "Preparation of Biodegradable High Polymer Materials, Processes, and Product Development Based on Waste Glycerol" with National Tsing Hua University.
- In July, WCC obtained ROC Patent No. I629073 for "Method of Producing Microneedle Patches."
- WCC successfully developed cosmetics patches for lightening pigmentation in August.
- In September, WCC obtained ROC Patent No. I633901 for "Method of Producing Cosmetics Microneedle Patches."
The management team led by Dr. Liu include 4 PhDs that have sound fundamental knowledge and practical experience and serval experienced managers in mass production and business administration.
Over 70% of the team members have advanced MS or PhD degrees in the areas such as biomaterials, medical engineering, rheology and precision coating.
ODM : product design, manufacture
OEM : On the basis of buyers, specifications, produce and deliver products.
PRECISION COATING AND MOLDING